Friday, October 22, 2010

Why I love autumn: Apple Bread

Not only do I love the fall because of the beautiful colors, cool weather, and saving on central air costs; but also because of apples! In my opinion apple's taste even better this time of year.  I had bought a large bag and have made a few different things, but my favorite would have to be Apple Bread.  I had never made it myself but I remember having it at Thanksgiving when I was younger. To make this short, here is my spin on a yummy autumn treat:

Apple Bread

Prep Time:
20 Min
Cook Time:
40 Min
Ready In:
1 Hr

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quaker oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 small apples-- peeled, chopped, boiled and blended smooth
1/2 cup broken walnuts   (i didn't use because i didnt have)


Directions
In bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl, place oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and applesauce. Stir into flour mixture. Add walnuts and mix. Pour mixture into greased 8-in. x 4-in. bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until bread test done. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan.

*I would also like to try a cinnamon crumb topping on this next time, and possibly small chunks of apple*

No comments:

Post a Comment